Friday, June 01, 2007



May 12th - Blue Cheese Burgers, grilled tomatoes and sauteed Anaheim peppers with sweet onions.

We had some ground meat to eat or get rid of. This was lean and needed something to liven it up so I stuffed them with blue cheese...right out of the Weber BBQ cookbook. Not my favorite. I prefer my burgers with more ingredients mixed within them. A little tomato paste is a good additive to burgers. Not only does it give it a little more taste, the bit of sugar that is in tomato paste will assure a pleasing grill mark look. You can see a bit of the cheese escaping on a few of these:

The grilled tomatoes were not as good as I have made in the past. Last time I made grilled tomatoes, I used a pesto sauce instead of a simple home made sauteed onion+garlic mixture topped with Parmiganno-Reggiano cheese. Still, I love grilling vegetables. They seem to all absorb the grill flavor and smoke flavor really well.


But the must-have dish to accompany burgers are the sauteed anaheim peppers with sweet onions. These are so delicious that I could eat them as a side by themselves. Added on top of a burger on a bun or (my preference) in a tortilla, they compliment the ground meat perfectly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home