Saturday, July 29, 2006

July 22, 2006.

Tri-tip.

This time I did tri-tip with a dry rub of my own making, actually a modified version of one I have used before but still, its my own. The reason: too many (mild) complaints about the dry rub I use being too spicy; so this time I reduced the amount of cayenne pepper and used a milder pepper (white). The result: magnifico !

I seared the tri-tip and then let it cook indirectly for about an hour with some russett potatoes. It turned out even more tasty than my tried and true "Al's famous tri-tip rub" !

I couldn't believe it. My guests loved it ! I really didn't pay that much attention and it turned out perfect. Of course, that is the beauty of tri-tip. It may be the most perfect cut of meat for grilling. Enough marbling to keep it from drying out, but not too much to force your attention and skill.

I will post the ingredients shortly.

AC 7-29-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home