Saturday, July 29, 2006

July 29, 2006. Chicken Fajitas.

Tonight the grill menu included grilled chicken breasts as a part of grilled fajitas.
I always fajitas, and the key is not just grilling the chicken, which everyone does. It's grilling the vegetables, and tortillas.

I used Chiarello's Roasted Red Pepper Olive Oil (which oddly, I could not find linked anywhere...oh well), on the veggies and grilled them over direct flame. Then, I wrapped them in a double layer of paper towels after a nice scorching. This is to remove the skins. Removing the skins doesn't remove the grilled taste at all. It simply removes a part of the pepper that some find hard to digest.

For the chicken seasoning, I used a fajita rub that I had in one of my grill books. I think it was in Smoke and Spice or one of my others....

This was a hit too. Way better than just grilling the chicken.

Remember not to forget some good salsa, beans and mexican rice to complete the meal. Fajitas are a crowd favorite and something no one ever thinks of for a party. Everyone always assumes hot dogs and hamburgers, but creating a party platter of fajitas would be very easy and a welcomed change.

I have yet to find a person who dislikes chicken fajitas. Mostly, I suspect, due to the fact that you can customize the meal to your taste. Provided with enough condiments like sour cream, salsa, mexican cheese, beans, rice, flour and/or corn tortillas, grilled veggies, chicken (or carne asada if you wish), tomatoes, cilantro, and...hmmm, is that everything ? I am sure there are a few other things.

The idea that they can spoon into their tortilla their own personal favs is much more pleasing and generous to your guests than a simple patty of ground beef.

I swear, those Mexicans really know what they were doing when they created these meals ! Add a Corona or Modelo and Bob's Yer Uncle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home