Sunday, June 03, 2007

June 2nd - N'awlins Shrimp, Grilled citrus talapia & baked potatoes with a pork steak.

Baked potatoes on the grill. Baste them with butter. Throw some coarse sea salt. Wrap them in foil. 1 hour later. perfection.

Pork Steak...see last post.

Talapia: This time I marinated it in a rosemary garlic citrus sauce. I liked the previous talapia I made with a marinade consisting of balsamic vinegar and oil and some other things, but this wasn't bad at all; just not as flavorful as I would like. light.


N'awlins Shrimp: Again, out of the Weber cookbook. The only thing I didnt have on hand was the turmeric, but everything else went into the marinade. I tried grilling these with the skin on and peeling afterward. Unless you are going with colossal shrimp or Jumbo (15 or less per pound) I wouldn't suggest this. It was messy, which is fine for some meals, but not this one. I do think they retain some moisture with the skin on, but I would have preferred to baste them on the grill in leiu of having to peel them afterwards. too small. Tasty though, but not hot enough. Not enough cayenne. I should have thrown in some tabasco or franks into the marinade (about 30 mins).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home